Monday 21 May 2012

What's this blog about?

Welcome to 'New Things Tried and Tested'. This blog is about all the new things I have tried in the last year and to what extent they have changed my life for the better.

With a short attention span and an ever-present need to live a fulfilling and stimulating life without much clue as to what that might entail, I frequently launch myself into new interests, hobbies and fleeting passions in the hope that they will be the answer. The idea is that these brief obsessions will be the key to unlocking the joyful, carefree and fun-loving woman trapped inside the controlling and over-thinking one in the driving seat. I am also optimistic that I might happen upon some latent, natural talent that has gone previously undiscovered. "All this time I should've been a cup-cake baking belly-dancer! Thank goodness I found out before it's too late!" This natural ability will then, of course, grow into an all-consuming passion which will become the focus of my life and add a sense of meaning equal to having ten children...who all discover a cure for cancer. I'll be like Van Gogh - I'll cut off an appendage if that icing isn't right!

I'm going to tell you about some of the new things I've tried and tested in the last year and assess how much they improved my quality of life, provided a sense of meaning and fulfilment and helped to free the incarcerated fun person serving a life sentence inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment